You may be unable to wear unassisted dentures due to bone loss, insufficient palate and bone definition or if you suffer from a sensitive gag reflex – whatever your problem, implant retained dentures could be the denture stabilisation solution you are looking for.
Implant retained dentures are a securely fixed dentures which are made of high impact acrylic and supported by standard or mini dental implants. The denture implants have an attachment which locates with compatible attachments fixed into the denture. As few as two implants are needed in the lower jaw and usually four are required in the upper jaw, making the system the most economical option for edentulous patients (Those patients with no natural teeth remaining)
The Advantages of Implant Retained Dentures
« Back to Treatments
- They can be replaced at low cost if they become worn through years of use.
- The forces exerted during biting and chewing are absorbed by the gums instead of being absorbed by the implants themselves.
- They cost much less than full arch implant bridge restorations or All-on-Four implant restoration.
- No need for denture adhesives, pastes, sticky gum or powders.
- Implants help to maintain your facial structures by preserving the remaining bone in your jaws.
- Minimises wrinkles around the mouth by restoring lost lip-support
- Markedly improves your ability to chew - you can eat whatever you want and enjoy your food again.
- Secure and comfortable - no more embarrassing moments caused by loose dentures!