Cerec 1 Visit Smiles
In today's world, few of us have the time to visit the dentist for multiple appointments in order to receive dental treatment. At the same time, sitting for hours in a dental chair is not ideal either. At Belmore Dental Implant Clinic we are now able to restore damaged teeth in just a single appointment using our new state-of-the-art Cerec machine. Cerec which is an acronym for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, can make permanent crowns, veneers or onlays for you while you are still in the chair.
Here is how it works:
- The dentist will prepare your tooth using a small drill.
- A special camera is then used to take an image of your teeth which is then uploaded to the design unit.
- This image is uploaded to a CAD/CAM unit, which creates a 3D model of your new tooth.
- The model is used by a milling machine, which creates your new tooth from a block of high quality ceramic that best matches the shade of your surrounding teeth.
- The restoration is then fixed into place.
« Back to Treatments
- Accurate restoration that strengthens and supports the remaining tooth structure.
- Quick and convenient solution that means you don't need an extra visit to the practice, have to wear a temporary fitting for a few weeks or get anaesthesia twice!
- No impression, ideal for those with a strong gag reflex.
- A natural-looking restoration that blends in well with your surrounding teeth.
- No more silver fillings discolouring our patients' smiles.
- The filling is natural-looking, compatible with tissue in the mouth, anti-abrasive and plaque-resistant